One of the largest global brands, predominantly known for its beauty range, L’Oréal India has been a partner of CPM India for both the merchandising and instore promoter programme since 2017. With new business opportunities opening up, CPM has become L’Oréal's preferred choice for all manpower and field operations projects.
L’Oréal approached CPM India to increase compliance, efficiency and ROI. Our projects include the deployment and audit of POS material across retail channels, in-store consumer connect and instore promoter capability. This is a large-scale operation with a current team of over 600 in-store promoters (ISP) and 300 merchandisers across 160 towns and cities.
CPM's strategic approach involved three key elements:
- We introduced profiling calibration and shortened recruitment TAT (Turn Around Time), along with team motivation to reduce attrition
- The capability team leveraged OQaD (One Question a Day) for TNI (Training Need Identification) and increased in-store promoter knowledge
- We used PERFORMICs (Field Application & Insights Suite) to redefine coverage and visit frequency for greater efficiency and image audits to identify gaps and increase visibility compliance
CPM's insight-led solutions have delivered outstanding results for L’Oréal India:
- 14% increase in visibility compliance
- 11% increase in coverage
- 30% Increase in in-store promoter knowledge
- Increase in demos and sales
The key to success was not just recruiting the right candidate but also customising the training for maximum impact. PERFORMICs was the greatest enabler as the insights learned from the reported data helped us redefine operations for greater efficiency, ROI and sales.